Project activities and outputs
The project activities include:
- Development of a key informant list of those knowledgeable of policies to address violence against children in all EU Member States to ensure valid data collection and dissemination of results.
- Development and expert review of in-depth policy assessment surveys for each policy area capturing relevant details of the scope, target audience, roles and responsibilities, infrastructure, barriers and enabling factors including the level at which these activities/factors occur (e.g. national, regional, municipal).
- Implementation of surveys utilising key informants identified in Member States where the policies exist.
- Analysis, synthesis and expert consultation on each policy area including identification of gaps, comparing and contrasting across Member States and development of recommendations for good practice, issues to be considered when transferring polices to other Member States and priorities for further research.
Preliminary results presented in Brussels – April 28, 2015
- Policy Area #1 - National policies and plans on violence against children
- Policy Area #2 - Availability of Survey and Administrative Data Sources on Child Violence in the EU
- Policy Area #3 - Assessment and Follow-up procedures
- Policy Area #4 - Evidence-based Prevention of Child Violence: Analysis of Home Visitation and Parenting Programmes in the EU
- Policy Area #5 - National policies on Child Death Reviews (CDR)
- Policy Area #6 - National awareness raising activities related to violence against children
Co-funded by the DAPHNE Programme of the European Union