In spite of decreases over the last 20 years, injury remains the leading cause of child and adolescent death and disability in Austria.
Injury prevention work to address child and adolescent injury in Austria is led by Grosse schuetzen Kleine / Safe Kids Austria and Kuratorium für Verkehrssicherheit (KfV) and who both sit on the European Child Safety Alliance Steering Group.
The current priority areas for child and adolescent injury prevention and safety promotion include completing a Child Safety Action Plan for Austria as part of an overall all injuries national injury prevention strategy, home safety and road safety.
SAFE KIDS Austria / Grosse schützen Kleine
Child Safety Action Planning
Below you will find Child Safety Report Cards and Profiles for Austria, who is a participant country in the TACTICS project and both phases of the past Child Safety Action Plan initiative, along with a link to their planning document. Development of a national child safety action plan is in progress.
- Child Safety Report Card for Austria 2012 (PDF 5.3mb)
- Child Safety Report Card for Austria 2009 (PDF 4.6mb)
- Child Safety Report Card for Austria 2007 (PDF 3.89mb)
- Country profile for Austria 2012 (PDF 1.3mb)
- Country profile for Austria 2009 (PDF 102kb)
- Country profile for Austria 2007 (PDF 576kb)
- Child Safety Report Card 2012 - Press release (De) (PDF 30kb)
- Unsere Vision: Eine sichere Welt für unsere Kinder 2007-2014 (De) (PDF 6mb)
The Injury Data section provides bar graphs comparing Austria's injury death rates with the injury death rates for the other countries in the WHO European Region. Bar graphs are provided in PDF format for easy download for all unintentional injury deaths and by external cause of unintentional injury topic using data from the WHO Mortality Database and the European Report on Child Injury Prevention. In addition, bar graphs for suicide and homicide are also provided, however these data are slightly older.